Wednesday, October 4, 2017

38- Audo Success and More with Brian D. Anderson

Listen to the podcast episode

Today's guest is bestselling fantasy author Brian D. Anderson.
https://www.amazon.com/Akiri-Scepter-Brian-D-Anderson-ebook/dp/B01MA3PZWQ

Regarding many failed early attempts to write a book: "I realized I needed more than a clever idea or two. I needed a story."

On wrting style: "I'm a pantser... Every time I've created an outline I get twelve to fifteen pages in, I get a new idea, and the whole outline collapses."

On productivity: "In order to stay relevant in the indie world you've got to keep producing work. That's just the way it is."

On being hybrid and retaining publishing rights: "If I'm in a position where Audible is paying me more for audio rights then Big 5 publishers are offering me for all my rights, why wouldn't I hold on to my rights?"

On making your work known: "A lot of aspiring writers make the mistake of going on forums where there are nothing but other writers and trying to market their work there... You want to go where people discuss reading. Be part of the community."
https://www.amazon.com/Dragonvein-Book-One-Brian-Anderson-ebook/dp/B00WKT2VRY/
On quality: "Try to make your book as good as one would expect from any traditionally published author. "Good enough' isn't good enough anymore."

On rushing to publication: "If you're new, you don't have an audience waiting for your book, so you have all the time in the world to get it right."

On choosing the indie path: "Indie is not for everybody... It's the hare to traditional publishing's tortoise... it's grueling... If you're not prepared to write at least 1,000 words a day most days, if not every day, and then find the time to market and take care of other business, indie probably isn't for you."



Brian's Links





No comments:

Post a Comment